Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hard Working Team

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Internet is spotty here. Hopefully we can have a team member post tonight.

Scott's bag was found in Port au Prince yesterday! This is great news as he was sharing clothes with the other guys. He now has all his clothes and belongings he packed.

We have an amazing team. We were all talking about how random of a group God chose to put together. None of our team has complained a bit yet. It is amazing. And I am not just comparing them to teenagers. There are other adult teams here at Christianville that are simply disgruntled with the construction work. But our team is great and I am very thankful for them!

Chris and I are trying our best as team leaders to make sure the our team works - why they came - but also gets to see Haiti. Yesterday they got a tour of the Christianville grounds, today or tomorrow we will tour Reserve (the local neighborhood), and hopefully Saturday we will either have a beach day or a Port au Prince day - still to be determined.

My nuclear family is doing okay. Chris and I are battling Haitian Happiness (think Montezuma's Revenge) and Luke is feeling really homesick. Yesterday Luke told us that he feels so homesick and Eloise said, "I'm not homesick. I want to stay here forever. I'm moving here as soon as I am old enough." And Kate said, "I don't want to go to Haiti. Let's go to the other Haiti."

The temperature is a good 10-15 degrees cooler here than in Jacmel and at night it is significantly cooler. Makes for good sleeping. Luke keeps waking up scared in the middle of the night because it is so dark here that you can't tell if your eyes or open or closed. Just not used to that from living in the city with a spot light in our alley.

Thanks for reading!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment